Dear PrimeCare Patients,
As we continue to navigate the current Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, we want to assure you that our entire team is here for you and can offer guidance, information and care.
Although much continues to change weekly, the immediate health risk to the average American is still considered low. The patient population at the highest risk for infection continues to be those over the age of 60 with heart and lung conditions (including COPD or heart failure).
Your health and safety and the health and safety of our staff is our top priority. Therefore, we will continue to follow the below guidelines for all office visits. These guidelines are imperative to the safety of both our medical professionals and other patients.
BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE, PLEASE CALL OUR CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE AT 713-660-1113 IF:
- You have fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing
- You have had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19
- You live in a community with confirmed ongoing transmission of COVID-19
- You have travelled within the last 14 days to any location either domestically or internationally with confirmed ongoing transmission of COVID-19
COMING TO OUR OFFICES
For those patients who do come to our offices, we want to share the steps that we are taking to protect the safety of our patients and staff:
- We are carefully monitoring the recommendations and best practices given by the CDC and our local authorities.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices
- Staff involved with direct patient care will be wearing masks for your protection and theirs.
- All patients and staff will be screened at the waiting room door and their temperatures taken.
- We are reinforcing employee best practices, reminding staff of heightened hygiene practices and to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We are monitoring our waiting room so that fewer patients will be sitting together in the reception area.
These are challenging times, but we must prioritize our patients, staff and providers safety. We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation with our protocols and procedures that may feel unusual, but they are for the protection of all of us.
For those who do not wish to come in to the office, we offer Televisits as an alternative to office visits in some cases. If you are interested in a Televisit, please call our office and our staff can assist you.
We recommend the following for prevention:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good alternative when washing isn’t possible.
- Wipe down surfaces and countertops in common areas of your home with disinfecting wipes or sprays.
- Refrain from going places where you could be in close proximity to people. Avoid being within 6 feet of anyone. And self-quarantine if you have travelled.
PrimeCare Medical Group continues to be committed to supporting our patients primary care needs. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 713-464-9939 or contact us through the patient portal.