The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) is a coordinated, team-based approach to delivering your health care services.
In addition to providing comprehensive, quality health care, your physician will ensure that:
- Preventive screenings are completed
- Care is coordinated with specialists when necessary
- Chronic illness is effectively managed
The idea is to use processes that are systematic, patient centered, and coordinated to manage your care and improve your health.
Patient-centered medical home is a model of care that strengthens the physician-patient relationship. You will be encouraged to establish a relationship with a primary care physician. Your physician will lead a team of clinicians that are collectively responsible for providing for your health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians and/or specialists. This model results in more personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care.
An accomplished medical home environment is achieved through:
- Increased accessibility to care for patients
- Improved communication among patients, clinicians and staff
- Utilization of an electronic health record system to prescribe, communicate, track results, obtain clinical support information and monitor performance
PrimeCare is proud to be your Patient-Centered Medical Home and we look forward to serving you with safe, comprehensive compassionate care.