Flu Season is Inevitable
As temperatures start to plummet, those nasty little flu bugs are poised to strike, and the doctors at PrimeCare Medical Group are urging everyone to get vaccinated.
Don’t wait until it’s too late, schedule your appointment and request a flu shot at the beginning of each flu season.
The flu shot is your best defense against the flu, but there are additional steps you can take to help protect you and your family.
- GET THE FLU SHOT (yes, it’s so important that we will say it again!)
- Wash your hands
- Stay away from sick people
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice good health habits like getting plenty of sleep, exercising regularly, drinking plenty of fluids, eating a nutritious diet and managing stress.
While the following some of these actions may have some benefits, we do not recommend relying on these things to protect against the flu:
- Staying out of the cold
- Keeping your head covered
- Vitamin D or any other vitamin A-Z