Have you scheduled your Annual Wellness Visit this year?
If you only visit your doctor when you feel sick, you could be missing out on the chance to learn from your doctor about how to live a healthier, happier life. If you’re a Medicare member, Annual Wellness Visits are included in your plan!
What is an Annual Wellness Visit?
An Annual Wellness Visit is not the same as a checkup or annual physical. Think of it as a planning session with your doctor to talk about your health and life plan. In this visit, we will discuss ways to avoid or reduce the effects of conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. It is also a great time to discuss reducing fall hazards and potential visits to the emergency room.
During your Annual Wellness Visit we will…
- Assess brain health
- Asses your overall physical and emotional health
- Check blood pressure
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI)
- Keep track of your doctors, specialists, and pharmacists
- Track your medicines and supplements
- Manage chronic conditions
- Review your medical history including the screenings and shots from the past year
- Review your family health history
To help you meet your health goals, we recommend having both an annual physical and wellness visit EVERY YEAR.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Humana